While at the Village Voice, I worked on the core technology powering the website for the country’s largest alt weekly. As a full-stack developer, I developed highly scalable PHP/MySQL standalone applications, as well as development on the front and back end of the main publication website.
- Rewrote promotional applications such as the Pazz and Jop program, which required extensive programmatic data normalization from thousands of sources to reach a finalist list
- Improved and extended the main PHP/MySQL publishing platform, from which the website and print versions were published
- Managed the web development team to quickly turn-around high-profile feature requests
- Spearheaded the initiative to move all Voice podcasts onto iTunes for additional exposure
- Contributed to product vision in an effort to continuously improve the site
- UX planning and information architecture
- Coordinated the migration of 40 years of articles from the existing publishing platform into Gyrobase